3.02.2012

Valued at the Core

"Living Out LeaderTreks"  - A series on the core values and leadership principles of LeaderTreks. I'll share how they are lived out in the company and in my own life.  To start from the beginning click here  

Over the past month I've talked to you all about the Shared Values of LeaderTreks - the five categories that we keep at the core of the company. Along with the company having its own set of core values that we share, each individual also has a set of core values that is true for themselves. LeaderTreks offers a simple assessment that we can take to help us qualify what our specific values are. 

Below are the five key words that I ended up with:

Faith/Spirituality: 
My relationship with God is NUMBER ONE! He is the core of who I am and why I do what I do. Inside of my faith I value Truth, Love, and Joy.

People: 
If I were a dog I would definitely be a golden retriever. I give whole hearted commitment to my family and friends. I have no problem forming new friendships quickly and feel a strong connection to most anyone who will sit down and have a conversation with me.

Integrity: 
My key phrase is this - "I just want an open and honest answer. It can even be "I don't want to talk about it" if that is what you are honestly feeling. Within integrity I look for authenticity from anyone I meet. I work to meet this same standard in my own life with anyone I meet.

Growth/Improvement: 
This is probably the hardest of my values because growth and improvement is difficult. However it is so worth it. Times of challenge and risk-taking bring me closer to Christ and the transformative work is He is doing in me. I pray that those around me seek similar guidance from Him and do not get complacent in the life that they have been given.

Adventure:
My theme for the year: ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE! Much like Carl I feel like I've been whirled off my feet into a grand plan that Elle is so passionate about I can't help but follow. God is often like that, inviting us to join Him in this grand adventure that he is writing. 

So there you have it  folks, my five core values - the values that guide and drive my everyday life.

If you would like to take this assessment for yourself please leave a comment here on my blog.


Thanks for walking with me in the "Shared Values" section of Living Out LeaderTreks. Return next week to hear about the next section of this series: "Leadership Principles"

No comments:

Post a Comment