1.18.2012

Passionate About Our Purpose

"Living Out LeaderTreks"  - A series on the core values and leadership principles of LeaderTreks. I'll share how they are lived out in the company and in my own life.  To start from the beginning click here  


Purpose

LeaderTreks' stated purpose is to develop leaders to fulfill the Great Commission

It would sound way better if I told you that all my job entailed was going on mission trips and viola - LEADERS DEVELOPED!
However, the past 5 months have shown me that this is not the case.
Developing leaders to fulfill the great commission takes a lot of training - time in the office and after work.

"Passion is not high emotion
but a steely determination, fired by love..."



So what do I love?
I love seeing girls empowered on the work site when they use a power tool for the first time in their life and they are told, "You can do this!"
I love hearing students make connections during the Bible Study and having it click that the words we read in black and white are meant to be lived out in color every day.
I love seeing a team of high school students who met less than 24 hours again accomplish a challenge as a unified team.
I love hearing that students are excited to come on our trips because they are challenged.
I love hearing that students are going home and sharing the deep ways they were changed.
I love being challenged to see people as people and not objects to help me accomplish a task.

And because I love this,
I'll work  a 9 to 5 day,
through conflict,
through hours of sessions,
and quizzes,
 and self-evaluation,
and evaluation from my boss,
I'll work with steely determination because I know it helps to fulfill LeaderTrek's purpose -
TO DEVELOP LEADERS

which helps to fulfill my purpose -
TO GLORIFY GOD
through everything that I do.
(Col 3:23)



Return tomorrow to read about how I'm specifically apply this in my life and work.


No comments:

Post a Comment