1.10.2012

Being Built Together

"In him the whole building is fitted together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit."
Ephesians 2:21-22

I like to pretend that I am strong.
I like to shut down my feelings from those around me.
I like to think that all I need is me and God.
So I have probably come across as emotionless whenever I've been questioned
about my mother's fight with skin cancer.

This morning God tapped me on the shoulder...
and then slapped me in the face.
In an email update from my dad this morning he shared
 At one point I mentioned to Dr. Sanclement to be encouraged because there were hundreds of prayers being given up to support his efforts today.
It reminded me that every time I lift my mother up to my Savior that I am joining hundreds of others in this journey. Not only am I joining family and friends of my parents, but I'm offering the opportunity to co-workers and friends here. We are creating a web of community around this one event.
And this web of community is being built into a holy temple from which God's glory is flowing.

As you converse with God today, remember that He has built around you a community.
This community is being fitted together.
This community is a holy temple
and from it God's glory
WILL SHINE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other ways God has shown me the larger community I am a part of:

  • Today I'm wearing a necklace a close friend sent me from China - reminding me of the adventures she is having across the sea.
  • Catching up on Youth Ministry blogs found a couple good videos reminding me of the work God is doing in students around the states. 3x5cards, jars of joy, drops of love
  • One for One is spreading
  • Others seeking to live our their passions.
  • Honesty from one of my favorite bloggers.




No comments:

Post a Comment