9.16.2012

Go.

This week a friend sent me this card in the mail:


This mornings sermon was focused on the disciples example of what a missional community looks like. There were a lot of things said - the message that I got though was...
GO!

Defined as follows -

go

1   [goh]  Show IPA verb, went, gone, go·ing, noun,plural goes, interjection, adjective
verb (used without object)
1.
to move or proceed, especially to or from something: They'regoing by bus.
2.
to leave a place; depart: People were coming and going all thetime.
3.
to keep or be in motion; function or perform as required:Can't you go any faster in your work?
4.
to become as specified: to go mad.
5.
to continue in a certain state or condition; be habitually: togo barefoot.

My favorite word is the last one there
(no, not barefoot... although those of you who know me know I like that also.)
be habitually.
The continuation of something.

So this week I'm GOING to start a new habit.
Starting is the difficult place to sit.
 It means you have to work through all the good excuses NOT to make something a habit. 
The things that allow you to stay the same.
The things that allow you to be safe, and lazy, and apathetic.

But NO!
The disciples were going!
We, as disciples should be going.
So I will.

Tomorrow I'm going to set aside time for prayer and scripture reading. 
In a public place. 
Where I can get to know people, and get to be known. 
Where I'm visible and missional.

Where are you going this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment