12.12.2011

Joy Unending

For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here 

Day 40

Charis
- to rejoice.
- Grace, particularly that which causes joy.
- when received by faith, transforms man and causes him to love and to seek after the righteousness of God.
- Grace may also refer to the external form or manner, particularly of persons meaning gracefulness, elegance.
- Grace also means disposition, attitude, toward another.
- Of the grace, favor and goodwill of God and Christ as exercised toward men.
 - Specifically of the divine grace and favor as exercised in conferring gifts, graces and benefits on man.
- Grace, in act and deed, favor conferred, a kindness.
gratitude, thanks.

Hebrews 12:28-29
Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us [fn]show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;for our God is a consuming fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well Ladies and Gents,
The final day of my Joy Challenge.
But I am leaving you with a 
Joy that is Unending

This experience over the past 40 days
(okay, okay... it's been way more than 40 days)
has been so eye opening.

I love that I ended on the word Charis, which as you can tell by the definition (and that is just a fraction of the info that is offered in my handy-dandy Greek dictionary) covers a wide range of meaning.

But at it's most basic definition it means
GRACE.

How graceful God is to pursue me each and every day.
That He wants to make each day new in my life and wipe out the previous days sins that I may be a testimony not to my own strength and doing, but to the work that He has done in my life. 

That is my true source of
JOY
God's grace that renews me each day.

In times of happiness and sadness
In times of community and loneliness
In times of old and new
God offers me His grace

And with joyful thanksgiving I will show my gratitude to God by offering acceptable service to God with reverence and awe.

How will you thank God for your source of JOY today?

No comments:

Post a Comment