8.23.2011

The Joy Challenge

I like to bookmark things on my computer, especially blogs, that I have the desire to read, but then I never take the time to read. Now, in my mass amounts of free time I'm looking through some of those bookmarks and I clicked on this one titled "The Joy Challenge"
This link has been sitting on my computer for over six months probably. A challenge to choose joy has been sitting in my bookmark list for over six months and every time I open that little tab I just glance over it.

But today, I found the courage to actually click on that link and read the post, and do you know what. It's not so scary of a challenge. Holley challenges her readers that joy is not an emotion, but rather a choice and for forty days she is telling her readers something that brings her joy. So today, I am taking up the joy challenge. I encourage you to join me and either post to your own blog, or to comment here and tell me one thing you are joyful today.

DAY ONE:
The laughter of a young child


I'm currently living with a host family who has two boys under the age of three. I love their energy and their laughter. Their laughter has the power to wipe out the late night sound of screaming that wakes me in the middle of the night. Their laughter has the power to sustain joy in my life if I choose to let it linger.

So how are you choosing to be joyful today?

No comments:

Post a Comment