8.26.2011

Joy in Community - Day 4


For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning click here.

Today was my birthday. I don't feel any different, but boy where there some awesome moments where I've found joy the easy choice. Those moments where each of the phone calls I received from friends and family wishing me a happy birthday.

I found great joy in these moments because each time I got to catch up with those friends and hear what was new in their lives, hear about how God was challenging and encouraging them, hear about the joy that is invading their own lives.



Today, I found joy in the community that God has given me. My location may be far away from each of these people today, but God made me so close in community it felt like I got a hug from each of these friends too. Today, simply because I was born, I got to enjoy community that God created for me. I sit here on the couch with my  host family feeling so content in that joy.

So I encourage you to share, either here, or on twitter/facebook/google+ - with your spouse, your friend, or your family - Where have you found joy in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment