6.06.2012

The Unspoken Topic

"Living Out LeaderTreks"  - A series on the core values and leadership principles of LeaderTreks. I'll share how they are lived out in the company and in my own life.  To start from the beginning click here  


I've been mulling this leadership principle over and over in my head and avoiding it like... well, 
CONFLICT.

And the problem is that every example from confronting conflict that I've done in the past 9 months - I don't necessarily want to broadcast it out into the world wide web.


Because it's not just about me. It's about me and another person.

So how do I talk about it then?
 - it happens. You have to deal with conflict, because you have to deal with people.

But How?



Conflict Resolution




So I think I've finally I got

Conflict Resolution is not about compromise.
Sure that happens... sometimes

But more than that - it's about MOVING FORWARD. It's about seeing the COMMON MISSION. It's about laying down of self in order to see the NEEDS of the other person. It's about acknowledgement that there was a disagreement, but that we can't change anything about the past, we can only CONTROL OUR FUTURE.

And the only thing I want to comment on story wise is, well...

I've dealt with it this year - a lot.
And I've lived.
We're continually resolving conflict because we're continually working with people who create conflict (ahem... myself... 
and you too!)

But I've found 90% of the time, if you face it, acknowledge it and then decide to move forward together, that God rewards that faithfulness.

So don't let the 10% let you cower in fear.
Face it straight on and see what God will give you for moving forward despite yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment