9.03.2013

M & P :: Saving Money

This week in Music & Productivity is all about the GREEN!

With taking my new job I knew I'd be taking a paycut

And I've seen in so many ways God provision in keeping me on the path he wants me traveling and the circles he wants to use me in.
HOWEVER, I also know is that he's provided me with a mind that allows me to think and budget and use the little bit of money that He is giving me paycheck. So I've started an intense budget sheet on excel and am tracking on my spending.
Along with that I'm trying to make wiser choices on purchases so I can "splurge" on the things I value more

i.e. I spend $5 on the GREAT healthy bread from my local farmers market because I value that.

One of the things I'm okay shaving money off of is cleaning products - you don't need that $10 bottle of name brand cleaner - and with the help of {Pinterest} and {THIS} handy dandy book
my first product to tackle was laundry detergent!
My pretty new detergent on my not so pretty dryer - but hey the thing still works, so we're not complaining :)


After some research I decided on a 1:1:1 ratio
One bar of soap

One cup of washing soda
One cup of Borax


I went with Irish Spring soap for several reasons.
First off, it was cheapest - and this is all about saving money right!
Secondly, one of the reasons some people don't want to make their own detergent is because of the lack of scent... I LOVE fresh smelling clothes -- and Irish Spring definitely smells fresh
Third, well, there's not actually a third. So there you go - Irish Spring it was.

The Canister I found at Home Goods for $5 and actually matches 3 canisters I have in my kitchen that I found at garage sales back in college (BONUS). I also used a Birthday Credit card from my grandmother to make that purchase - so spent no money on that.

This is the 1:1:1 ratio four times

I also have enough ingredients left over to DOUBLE THIS!
Saving Money Success!

Have you tried any homemade cleaning products?



No comments:

Post a Comment