9.02.2013

(Be)LOVED :: My Story

I've never enjoyed telling my story. It bored me. I didn't think there was depth to it. I'm your classic "good girl". 
Practically invisible 
in the shadow of two very active, talkative and mildly problematic older brothers.
Introvert by personality and by choice, 
because sitting alone watching movies and eating Chinese is better 
than realizing no one had made plans to hang out with me, 
or worse, call someone to make Friday night plans
I lived by and large with my religion as an excuse.
An excuse to be a loner.
An excuse to be self-righteous.


An excuse to build walls.

Not only does my story feel boring to me, but I'm afraid.
I'm afraid of what the world will think - because the stories we hear most often are those of RADICAL transformation and because I was never found drunk and sleeping around before Jesus "found" me I fear people won't listen and people won't be changed.

But slowly God has peeled away the layers of stubbornness at keeping my story to myself. Just as He's faithfully claimed me as his through all the small times of disobedience He's shown me day by day the woman he wants me to become. 

And so it's time...
Over the next few weeks I'm gonna be bold and own the story that God is writing for me
Check back in a couple days for the first chapters of my story...
Becoming Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment