11.14.2011

A Graceless Joy

For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here 

Day 37

charis
(pt 2)

- grace may also refer to the external form or manner, particularly of persons meaning gracefulness, elegance. In the NT only words or discourses as gratefulness, agreeableness, acceptableness
- Lk 4:22 "gracious words"
- Eph 4:29 "that it may minister grace unto the hearers" meaning what is acceptable
(Col 4:6; Sept. Ps 45:2)


"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Eph 4:29

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So the second meaning of charis is full of grace. My weekend however, was not so much.


Sunday morning I woke up with the stomach bug that has been passing around my office.
I'll spare you the nasty details, but trust me it was not pretty.



There were several times (on the bathroom floor for the umptenth time, curled in my comfiest sweats on my bed) when I felt less like a 23 year old woman and more like 5 year old girl who just wanted her mother to make her better.


So now that unwholesome things have stopped coming out of my mouth, I'll choose to use some words that minister grace.

Today, I am joyful for my Mom.

The woman who rubbed my back,
cleaned up my sick messes,
let me watch TV all day,
and simply loved me back to health.

I love you Mom!


(And don't worry, it was just a 24 hour bug. I'm fine
See you in less than a week :)




No comments:

Post a Comment