11.02.2011

"Let me have JOY of thee"


For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here 

Day 34

oninemi

- to be of use, to profit, gratify. In the NT, only in the mind.
- to profit or obtain profit for someone (Phile 1:20)

"I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord, refresh my heart in Christ." (NIV)

"Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord, refresh my bowels in the Lord." (NKJV)


~~~~~~~

The speed of life has begun to pick up, I can not believe that we are only 3 short weeks away from Thanksgiving break. And with that quickening pace, I have begun to lose sight of my joy challenge.

But this word for joy, used once in the NT brings a good reminder.

Oninemi lends the idea that this joy should be selfless. It is joy for the sake of others.

Reading from Philemon makes me think of the people in my life who bring me joy and refresh me in the Lord:

My Nana,
My friend Sara
My fellow staff members at LeaderTreks

And it makes me think, is my life so filled with joy that I am refreshing those around me?

Unfortunately, I don't think I have been.
And I'm left to ponder, how can I add more oninemi to my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment