11.09.2011

Behold the Lamb - There are None Like Him

For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here 

Day 36

charis

(pt 1)


- to rejoice
- grace, particularly that which causes joy, pleasure, gratification, favor, acceptance, for a kindness granted or desired, a benefit, thanks gratitude. A favor done without expectation of return. The absolutely free expression of the loving kindness of God to men finding its only motive in the bounty & benevolence of the Giver; unearned and unmerited favor.
- stands in direct antithesis to works (erga), the two being mutually exclusive
- God's grace affects man's sinfulness & not only forgives the repentant sinner, but brings joy; thankfulness to him. It changes the individual to a new creature without destroying his individuality. (2 Cor 5:17; Eph 2:8,9)
- received by faith: causes man to love & seek the righteousness of God.
- work of the Holy Spirit
- maintance requires an unbroken & immense supply of grace
- process of sanctification; "whereby we are renewed in the whole man nd are enables more & more to die daily unto sin and to live unto righteousness." (Rom 12:2; 2 Cor 4:16; Eph 4:23; Col 3:10)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



This week as we Master the Circle, we are teaching through "To Die For" our trip book that teaches on the life of John the Baptist. 


John proclaimed, "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire." (Matt 3:11)




John also said, "The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less." (John 3:29-30)


My coworker Robbie wrote this song after work yesterday about John The Baptist.



I've got shoes that feel much to big for me
Tryin' to show others, the goodness of God's glory
But they don't understand
They're askin' me about who I am!?
And all I can say is...


Behold the Lamb
of God who can
take away your sin
He is the One
to whom you should run
I've searched for more like Him
But there are none
no not one!


I'm here in jail for preparing the way for Him
about to loose my life because I offended them
But they can't comprehend
that this is not the end
And all I can say is...


The blind can see
The lame can leap
The lepers are made clean
The dead are raised
The Lord be praised
Before Him we stand amazed
For He is God
For He is God!


~~~~~~~~~~~~


How are you choosing joy today?









No comments:

Post a Comment