10.08.2012

Regular Wonderment

So if you don't know...
I've been building
HABITS.


Today was the start of my 3rd week as a regular at La Spiaza, a local coffee shop.
Every morning: M-F, 7am.
Bob (the cutest 90 year old man, also a regular) even noticed my late arrival today since I didn't quite get my hinny out of bed on time and spent way too many minutes in front of the mirror trying to figure out what to do with my ridiculously short hair today...
...but I digress.

Today I'll be running my 8th day of training for my 5K at the end of the month. (3 more weeks to go!)
Yesterday I even went for a spontaneous "run", for the 5th time in one week - and it was additional to my training schedule.

WHAT?
Who is this girl!?!


I've been fasting from breakfast every Monday morning to get my heart centered in the right place and
help rely on God as I continue in my second year at LeaderTreks.
Wednesday lunch and dinner are also fasted meals as I prepare my heart to seek God with my church family concerning the direction God is taking Jericho Road.


A fear of mine with all this habit making though?
That it's awesome and new right now. 
I'm afraid that complacency with grow and I'll find myself simply leading a practical life. 
That I'll begin to miss the experience of 
AWE, REVERENCE, and WONDER.


I spent Sunday morning with Brennan Manning at Starbucks. He told me:
"We should be ASTONISHED at the goodness of God, STUNNED that He should bother to call us by name, our mouths wide open at His love, BEWILDERED that at this very moment we are standing on holy ground."
(okay, so I didn't get to actually have coffee with Brennan, 
but I was reading his book The Ragamuffin Gospel).

So as my habits get rolling and regular, my prayer this week is that I never stop noticing the wonderment.
"Dear Lord, grant me the GRACE of wonder.
SURPRISE me, AMAZE me, AWE me
 in every crevice of Your universe. [...]
Each day
ENRAPTURE me
with Your MARVELOUS things without number.
" 
(Joshua Abraham Heschel)

Some of the things that I've marveled at last week:
Getting up at 6am to be at La Spiaza by 7am does have its advantages. SUNRISES!
Grace, my 5K training buddy, and I after our 2.6 interval run in the FREEZING rain last Thursday. 

The sunset on my drive home after the "Rain Run"... so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

After taking the above sunset picture, I turned my car around to leave the parking lot I was sitting in and found this fiery bush. God's wonder displayed so clearly.

What is God amazing you with in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment