12.11.2012

Holiday Rest


This post is part of a series called
Mundane Mondays
To see how I started the series click HERE.



'Tis the Season...

To be SICK :(


Whether it was the flu bug that is being passed around these days
or perhaps just a small case of food poisoning
I've been unfortunately uncomfortable, had the worst case of tummy aches and been friends far too often with the least comfortable seat in the house

(okay, i'll stop before I give away too much information 
and really gross you, 
my dearly devoted readers, 
away from my blog forever.)


It kept me home from work on Friday and I enjoyed a little alone time at the house
with free hours for reading and channel surfing - which was GREAT!
And then MIRACULOUSLY 
I felt fine enough to enjoy a full Saturday and Sunday of holiday events and community.
Sunday night brought me back to the realization that my body wasn't done craving for
REST!

And making me feel like my stomach was actually a rock quarry and it was trying to grind up some HUGE boulders.

I made it through most of Monday, but returned to the comfort of sweatpants and a fuzzy blanket just to wallow with my stomach pain. Several times I told my host mom, "I can't be sick any longer. There is too much going on this week." 
as I thought through my list of activities:
Community Group, Moving my room,
prayer meetings, Secret Santa gift giving,
Student Training Events, Christmas Parties,
Movies, Weddings..
all these things that seem so good to me!

But as Barb said,
"Sometimes you don't get to choose when to take a break."

"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work."
Gen 2:2

In this busy season, where the mundane is quickly slipping away, am I remembering to rest?
Both physically and spiritually...
Am I remembering that this season isn't really about gift giving, or family vacations, or Christmas parties,
or even the mundane things that I'm living with and growing to love,
But that it is about remembering the beginning of a NEW chapter in God's story!
It's about RESTING in the truth that God has a plan
and God is working out that plan,


and another chapter is COMING!


What are you doing to REST this holiday season?




No comments:

Post a Comment