12.17.2012

Mundane Melts like Marshmallows


This post is part of a series called
Mundane Mondays
To see how I started the series click HERE.

Well folks,
(despite how slow today has been)
I feel mundane slipping away. I have 3 more days in the office and then a whole blessed week in my favorite state: COLORADO! with my parents and grandmother. Then after a few days back in Chi-town I rush off for my first trip of the new year. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!
I had no clue where I was going with this series 2 months ago - when out of frustration with my desk job I started blogging regularly on Mondays about turning the Mundane into something,
something...
resourceful
faithful
beneficial
less frustrating
something with PURPOSE for (and with) God.

And through ups and downs
goods and bads
those REALLY humbling moments

I. Found. God.
a God who just wants me - 
with all my weaknesses,
 to accompany Him down the trail with a smile on my face and a trusting heart.

And so this last week in the office before the New Year I'm choosing to celebrate what God has done in my heart.
And how do I celebrate?
with a CROCK POT!
And a new delicious drink every day!

Today: Nutella Hot Chocolate

 The simplest thing I'll probably ever stick in my crock pot
Ingredients:
Milk (Whole, 2%, or skim... whatever you prefer)
Nutella


Directions:
For every 2 cups of milk you put in your crock pot add 1/4 cup Nutella.

Pop it onto high for about 45 min to an hour. Whisk together and then pour into mug to enjoy.
You can keep the crock pot on all day and enjoy this delicious drink multiple times!

And of course, don't forget the marshmallows or whip cream. I  probably put in a 50/50 ratio mallows to hot chocolate, because honestly, I drink this more to eat the chocolate soaked mallows than anything else.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment