3.11.2013

Book Club

I love to read
I love everything about reading
The freshness of print on a page
The smell of paper (new or old)
The way that a good quote can reach the very depths of your heart.

And this love affair of books is nothing new in my life.
My mom tells me that before I could even read,
I'd carry a stack of books around the house
and flip through the pages,
making up stories from the pictures.

But there is one thing I've never done with books 
be a part of a book club.

But that changes TODAY!
I'm joining a virtual book club put together by this lady and her wonderful best friend.

And the first book they've picked could not have come at a better time in my life.

Here's How it Works:
ONE: link up with fellow book clubbers every friday with your blog post about the book. we read a chapter a week so just talk about what you are learning, favorite quotes, whatever your little heart wants. 

TWO: if you have already read the book and/or don't want to read it. link up with us anyway as we create our 1000 gifts list. the goal is to write down three things a day so on friday you can link up with your 21 things or just how ever many you found that week.

THREE: interact with others. connect with a couple other gals who are reading the book along with us, encourage each other on our lists, and make new friends
I've already read this book - but am deciding to re-read it (it's been almost a year) and see what gifts I pull out as I transition into a new stage of life with God.

Let me know if you're joining the club too!

No comments:

Post a Comment