4.26.2013

1,000 Gifts > Chapter 7


This post is part of my Book Club Series
which was started by {this} and {this} lovely lady
To start from the beginning click {here}

SOUND BYTES:
"You can't positive-think your way out of negative feelings. [...] The only way to fight a feeling is with a feeling. [...] Feel thanks and it is absolutely impossible to feel angry. We can only experience one emotion at a time. And we get to choose - which emotion do we want to feel?" (p136)

I mentioned last week that I was headed off to chase my moon. Well I found it -
In the clink of carabeaners securing rope

In the numerous conversations with strangers just because we both love the outdoors and doing crazy things like walking a line and climbing a rock wall
In the fabric stretched tight of a double hammock

In the late night, triple shooting star, conversations

In the green green mountains stretched before me on hours un-ending of road
In the hugs, laughter, tears and comfort of a friendship with a 6 year foundation
In the exploring new cities that seem more exciting than mine
And over the weekend I slowly planted seeds.
One of doubt.
One of resentment.
One of desire for things and places that are not mine to have.
One that thinks the grass is greener on the other side
But luckily  Abba was there to give me a heart check on my 10 hour drive home. Mile by mile he helped me remember all the things he's given me in Chicago that help to make it my home. Mile by mile he allowed me to look back fondly on college and those friendships that will continue to be there. But Chicago is where I'm supposed to be living day to day life. Chicago holds new adventures and new friendships that I'm building and places to explore and it may not seem as green as Chattanooga, TN, but there is just as much growing here.
And so, I pulled back into my driveway after chasing the room remembering that God's grace is here, now, with me always - all I have to do is choose it.

"Grace - that is what the full life is full of,
what the God-glory is full of." (p129)


TRUTH TO WRITE ON HER HEART:

GRATITUDE EVERYDAY:
Camping and Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
More pictures to come!

Adventures in Chattanooga, the new home city of fantastic college friend and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment