9.13.2011

Knees of Joy

I'm deliberately seeking joy for forty days. To start from the beginning click here.

Day 14

Sometimes I think I'm too comfortable with God. I see him better as Friend and Father than Savior and Lord, especially in my prayer life. I'm amazed by the reverence shown by other religions. For example, those serving Allah get on their knees every day, five times a day. What dedication and reverence they show by getting down on their knees to pray 5 times a day. Why do I not show even greater respect for serving the ONE TRUE GOD? 

So this morning when my alarm went off and I felt God tugging at my heart, I slipped out of bed and on to my knees and lifted up my prayer. I joyfully recognized that I am minuscule in God's plan, and yet he still is patiently waiting for me each morning to have a conversation with him. What joy filled me this morning in the brief five minutes I took to recognize the might and power of my God to kneel and pray.

Part of the routine my job offers me is a morning "Life Session." Our first 30-45 minutes of the work day are spent as a team seeking God's word. The Lord continued to bless me as we spent this morning praying together. Although we did not physically get on our knees, we were figuratively gathering together, getting on our knees and presenting our requests to God.

What a glorious God I serve who pours out joy over my life simply because I choose to lower myself to my knees in honor of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please join me in the choice to live daily in joy.
How do you find joy in your relationship with God? 

No comments:

Post a Comment