9.29.2011

Home is Where Joy Is

For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here 

Day 25

We are quickly approaching October 1st. The beginning of fall in Chicago has brought lots of rain and cold  temperatures that keep my office space nice and chilly. (Getting good use of the blanket I brought into work on my second day). 

I have officially been in Chicago for 10 weeks. I've lived in 2 houses and become a part of 2 very different families. God has brought me joy in those extended families. I cannot believe that I have lived with the Mitchell's for a month and a half now. The time has simply flown. 

When I got home from work Ari and Levi (the 1 yr old) were hanging out in the living room and gave a big shout when I came in the door. After a long (and good) day at the office, that welcome brought me so much joy and happiness. Even Levi's little JackJack/demon noises were joyful to me. 


The Mitchell's house has definitely been my home because of all the joy that God has given me here, and I pack my bags a little reluctantly.

But who am I too stop God from continuing to bless me with joy? He has graciously provided me with another place to lay my head. Another family to become a part of. A place where I can officially unpack and find that place for everything.

A place where I can continue to find joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment