9.12.2011

"Don't Ask yourself what the world needs...

...instead ask yourself what makes you come alive. For what the world really needs is people who have come alive."

For forty days I'm choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here.

Day 13

Last Friday I finished my first week of official, "real world" work. That evening I felt so much contentment knowing that I could actually relax during the weekend. No homework! So joyous.
And I really enjoyed my weekend. Sleeping in, hanging out with friends, and doing the one piece of "homwork" that I needed to accomplish before work on Monday.

So this morning rolled around, and when I woke up to my alarm going off I still felt content. I was actually looking forward to coming into work this morning. I was joy-filled because I am passionate about my work. Even the tedious tasks are interesting to me. 

But, as I've learned from the past 13 days of seeking joy, it will hide sometimes. So when another Monday rolls around and I'm not excited about work, I'll remember Day 13 of my joy challenge. I'll choose to be joyful each and every Monday because I know that I am passionate about the work that God has set before me.

~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~~~~~~~
So what makes you come alive?


No comments:

Post a Comment