2.13.2012

I went to church at IKEA

This morning I went to church at IKEA

Okay, so not really, 
but I did go to IKEA
and I did worship God.


One of the things that drew me into the Jericho Road Church community was
serve weekends.

The 2nd sunday of every month we don't meet for services, we meet for service projects.
Yesterday was
February Serve Day
As a church body we collected and assembled World Relief Good Neighbor Kits.
Refugee Families arrive at O'Hare with nothing but the clothes on their backs.
Good Neighbor Kits is a complete set of basic items that will make an apartment function.


So Jericho Road Church gathered all week long
and Sunday morning we collected and began to assemble.
Our goal was to collect 6 FULL KITS to donate to World Relief.

So after assembling what we had collected


we went shopping!
Teams went out to Aldi, Wal-mart and IKEA!

Here is the results of our IKEA shopping!








 We did it! 6 FULL KITS that got dropped off at World Relief today. 
I feel so blessed to be a part of a church that seeks to get out of our metal chairs on Sundays
and act like the body of Christ!


Jody and Lizzy (the creeper in the background)
Two of the women God has blessed me with through the JRC community
and part of my IKEA shopping team.

"When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the Lord your God."

Lev 23:22


"When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that the Lord God may bless you in all the work of your hands."
Deut 24:19


How are you serving those in your community?

No comments:

Post a Comment