2.26.2012

Move In Us

My church started a new series today called
STRETCH OUT YOUR HANDS

During the Lent season we are focusing on Praying for God to "Stretch Out His Hand" to give us boldness in sharing the gospel and enabling us to accomplish God's Mission.

Today was...
    Stretch Out Your Hands to Move In Us



For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthed with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience and joyfully giving thanks to the Father who has qualifed you to share in the inheritance of the saint in the kingdom of light.


Colossians 1:9-12

As the body of Christ we acknowledged this morning that we are nothing on our own. We should be asking God to fill us and do powerful things through us. We broke into groups and spent time praying this passage over one another.

What a great reminder for me after a great week (West Sayville Christian School in New York) depending on God to use me in the lives of students that I need to continually be filled each and every day. Just as I told the students on Friday night that their mission trip ends tomorrow, but their mission life begins, so does mine. Each and every day is an opportunity to spread the gospel.

So today let your prayer be:
Lord God move in me, fill me, transform me. Make me into a new and worthy way. May people who meet me know that I hang out with the One True God and that it is your work in my life that gives me joy.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment