11.29.2012

Crock Pot Thursdays

SEVERAL months ago I wrote about my deep deep affection for Crock Pots.

And with the return to the office this past September I decided to bring back
CROCK POT WEDNESDAYs

but now they actually fall on
THURSDAYS
(worked better for more of the staff)


And last week I was discussing recipes with a dear sweet college friend and she desired to have some of the great recipes I've been trying over the past two months through this weekly tradition. So I told her I'd email her the recipes. However, today as we chowed down on another delectable treat from the Crock, I thought why not share these recipes with my devoted readers here at Attraversiamo.

So welcome to THURSDAYS
won't you cross over with me to some hopefully delicious slow cooked meals!



This week:
Easy Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
recipe found on food.com by erinBOberrin

Prep Time: 2 min
Total Time: 8 hours 2 min
Servings: 10

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lbs)
32 ounces salsa
(we used a conglomerate of mild, medium and hot salsa)
2 cans corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained

Directions:
1) Place ingredients in crock pot
2) Cook on low 6-8 hours - since we do this for lunch I put my crock pot on high for about 3 1/2 to 4 hours and it came out perfect!
3) Prior to serving (anywhere from 30 minutes to right before) remove chicken, shred and return to crock pot
4) To serve, get creative!
Today we made tacos with tortillas, sour cream, guacamole  lettuce, & cheese. You can also see by the picture that my second round ended up more like nachos, also delicious! My friend Grace made a salad option out of it with the tortilla on the side. The sky's the limit my friends.

My co-worker Robbie claimed this was his favorite so far - not a unanimous decision around the office for those of us who partook in the FABULOUS chicken a couple weeks ago (I'll share that recipe sometime soon), but still a WINNER!

Hope you enjoy, and if you've got any smash hits coming out of your slow cooker feel free to share the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment