10.05.2011

Yearning for Joy

For forty days I'm deliberately choosing to find joy. To start from the beginning, click here 

Day 28

We started our morning by singing one of my favorite Shane & Shane songs

The second verse says this:

Your joy is mine
Yet why am I fine
With all my singing and bringing praise
In light of HIM

I've been seeking for joy for the past 28 days... okay, actually more because I haven't posted every single day since I started.
And I've discovered a lot. 

But I do not think I've discovered what God's joy is.


This week at work we are talking about great leaders who transform others first know themselves, and because of that we have been taking a number of assessments to help us understand and quantify/qualify ourselves better.


Yesterday we took a character assessment that was based off of the fruits of the Spirit.
I got a very high score in Joy... however, when asked what we wanted to work on, I selected joy in addition to two others.



I think with my last 12 days of my Joy Challenge I want to discover what the God's joy is... and then maybe, just maybe be able to not be fine with just singing and bringing praise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So if you've stuck with me this far (or are just joining me now) on this crazy journey for joy,
I beg you to do two things
1) Begin to pray for me - that the Spirit reveal to me His Joy, and an application for my life.
2) Post a comment - if you have some insight on God's joy and where I can find it please let me know.
3)Post a comment - Let me know what you are doing to find and apply joy in your own life.



No comments:

Post a Comment