5.14.2012

In All Started in a Garden

SO LET'S START A GARDEN!!

If you've talked to me since I've moved to Chicago, you've probably heard me say how blessed I feel by the church family that God has brought me here, (and I will sorely miss them while I'm serving God's Kingdom in Dayton.) If you haven't heard anything about Jericho Road click on over
HERE or
                      HERE or
                                    HERE or
HERE 
for more Sunday Reflections about how God is using this church body in my life.

And yesterday was another simple day of blessing with the Jericho Road Family.
I slipped on my torn up jeans and an old t-shirt,
Picked up some extra supplies at the office
Caught a quick date with God at my local Starbucks
and headed on over to my pastor's house to join the Garden Prep serve team
And what a BEAUTIFUL day to garden folks!



We have several refugees who attend our church and Jericho Road has been trying to come alongside them in their transition to the United States. Last summer we asked if some people in the local neighborhoods would donate a portion of their yards for a refugee family to garden in - many said yes.
So for May Serve Sunday, it was that time again to prep the gardens so the families can come back and plant again!





Learning how to use the roto-tiller

Till that dirt!

Fence to protect the garden from vicious bunnies. 

Aaron is making sure we have a working door for the  gardener, so they don't have to step over the fence.

6 hours outside on a perfect day
5 gardens prepped
Dirt filled hands
Lots of happy people
1 successful Serve Sunday

What are you doing today to serve your neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment