5.26.2012

Joy Revisited Part Three

This week I'm revisiting my joy study. Check out {Pt 1}... or start {HERE} from the very beginning.


Today's Joy Scriptures Are:


"Give THANKS in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18



"Consider it pure JOY, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perserverance. Let perserverance finish its work so taht you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:3-4



"I have no greater JOY than to hear that my children are walking in the truth."
3 John 1:4

Pt 3: Joyful Victory
The past couple of mornings me and my housemate have gotten up early to go for a walk.
(This is joyful in itself because of the exercise, but I also love the conversations we have on these walks.)

This mornings topic Prison Break (a very suspenseful TV show that ran from 05-09 about two brothers who.. yep you guessed it... are breaking out of prison).
Our other housemate, Kerri, got us started on the show because her boyfriend showed it, and neither of us started directly at the beginning of season one. However, we've gone back several times and watched episodes from the beginning of the season on our own.

This morning we talked about the difference of intensity levels between watching a "new" episode that we have no clue what is going to happen to the characters and an "old" episode in which we know what happens in the future for them.
I get so wrapped up in the new episodes that I have to remind myself to breath and even get frustrated because I want to know what happens. However, I still really enjoy watching the old episodes because I get wrapped up in the moment, but I can rest on the fact that I know the future of that character. I live in the moment with the character, but don't get so worked up about the ending that I can't enjoy the suspense.

Abby reminded me that our own lives are like the episodes that I go back and watch after moving ahead in the story. The ending is written folks. God has VICTORY! I know it, I've read about it in scripture.
But in this moment I tend to live like I don't. I live in greater fear because I don't think I know who survives or who wins.

Today I'm going to live in Joyful Victory. I'm going to live fully in the moment, but in the back of my mind I'll remember that my God wins.

How are you going to live today?

No comments:

Post a Comment