5.21.2012

Joy Revisited Part One


Last Fall I started my blog with a series called the Joy Challenge. This week I'm revisiting it.
Check out my original Journey in Joy.
Also check out my friend Abby while she is currently taking the Joy Challenge

This week I'm revisiting Joy with the help of YouVersion
(the free Bible App provided by Life Church).
Today's Scriptures Are:

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of JOY. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of JOY, carrying sheaves with him."
Psalm 126:5-6

"A happy heart makes the face CHEERFUL, but heartache crushes the spirit."
Proverbs 15:13


"When your words came, I ate them; they were my JOY and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty."
Jeremiah 15:16



"However, do not REJOICE that the spirits submit to you, but REJOICE that your names are written in heaven."
Luke 10:20

Will you join me in memorizing these verses in the next two day?

Pt 1: Uncontrolled Joy
This previous weekend I flew out to California for a family reunion.
The return flight became a little complicated when they deplaned us mid boarding process due to weather complications in Chicago.
We were delayed an hour in LAX, and then also found ourselves waiting on the tarmac once we landed in Chicago.
And all I could think about was
how little control I actually had.
Not only am I dependent upon the schedule made by their airlines and their staff for traveling,
but we're all fully dependent on God and the physics he created for this GIANT METAL HUNK to actually fly.
AND for the good weather that allows us to fly safely.
I find great JOY in that fact.
A reminder, that I'm NOT in control in anything - even the things that make me feel in control.
So today I'm working to live in uncontrolled joy
because my Almighty God is really the one in control.
 


Check back Wednesday for Joy Revisited Pt2 & a Special Announcement ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment