2.11.2013

God is {AUTHOR}

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE



13For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
17How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
Psalm 139:13-18

Funny how I've posted late in the day the past two days because I've been just that crazy busy, but the day that I've got more free time
(We didn't have to go into work until 1pm - woot! 
and I was up at 7am - double woot for lots of morning time)

Looking back over today, I feel like I wasted some of it -
but then I remind myself that I'm giving up Guilt for Lent
and I think about how productive I've actually been

I successfully did all my laundry before leaving for work
I shaved my legs (it had been a while)

I spent good time in God's word and catching up with my good friend Brennan learning more about living in Grace (the replacement of my Guilt)
I packaged up over 20 boxes of curriculum that got sent out across the US to get aid youth pastors to change students lives
I reorganized part of my room and started yet another pile of give away clothes

And I've written this blog - 11 days in and Challenge Filled February is going strong!

Today was the perfect day because:
"God formed it for me"

He is the AUTHOR of my days and I will not live in guilt for the choices I made, but rather trust that he is writing in GRACE a life that He will use to his glory

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith [...]"

Hebrews 12:1-2a




No comments:

Post a Comment