2.13.2013

God is {SAVIOR}

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE


6call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;
incline your ear to me; hear my words.
7Wondrously show your steadfast love,
O Savior of those who seek refuge
from their adversaries at your right hand.
8Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings,
Psalm 17:6-8

Seven Minutes on the Clock...
GO!


Today is the first day of Lent.
Lent is a time when many Christians prepare for Easter by observing a period of fasting,repentance, moderation and spiritual discipline. The purpose is to set aside time for reflection on Jesus Christ - his suffering and his sacrifice, his life, death, burial and resurrection.
This is not something that I grew up doing, but in college began to understand it more as I had friends who practiced it and learned about it in chapels.

I've been learning more about fasting in general and so with the season of lent approaching I'd been praying about what God could possibly want me to give up for this period of reflection leading up to God's ultimate sacrifice.

And I came to the conclusion that what I really need to give up - a sacrifice that would definitely help me focus more on Christ and the gift He gave to me all those years ago - is my personal guilt.

This guilt is an adversary that has been keeping me from truly letting God work in my life. So this morning when I read across verse 7 it struck me - I'm not in this Lent thing alone. In fact if I were, it wouldn't go so well.

But the God in whom I take refuge, he will save me from this adversary of guilt.


Are you giving anything up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment