2.15.2013

God is {STRONG]

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE

6 Blessed be the Lord!
For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.
8 The Lord is the strength of his people;
he is the saving refuge of his anointed.
9 Oh, save your people and bless your heritage!
Be their shepherd and carry them forever.
Psalm 28:6-9

My evening was planned. It's been on the calendar for a couple weeks...
FOLK NITE
And I was excited about it...
until about one o'clock
and then I started doubting
am I really up for a night out?
I feel more like I want to just go home
but going home is lame
I should see people
Am I up for seeing people?

My thoughts swirled round and round like this for about two hours.
And then I decided if I was going to go, I'd go with someone
And luckily, my friend Jody was going and I could ride with her
and she has a baby, so an easy out for coming home early.

So I went.
and I was TOTALLY OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE
Amazing music, but way to many people
way to many people i don't even know

But I'm thankful
Because it reminds me that I'm not made to be in every situation,
But God is.
He is STRONG
and my heart trusts in his STRENGTH
and when I find myself out of my comfort zone (like I so often do in life)
and I lean into him and let him carry me through.

What situations have you gotten yourself into that you feel out of your comfort zone?




No comments:

Post a Comment