2.01.2013

God is {REAL}

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for. By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible. By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead. By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family.By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
Hebrews 11:1-7



Timer Set: 7 minutes and.....
GO

Okay, my first thought is this video does not do this passage of scripture justice - cheesy much!
I apologize.

And now that I've got my apologies out of the way I have to say these are TWO POWERFUL PASSAGES
How amazing that we serve a REAL God, and all it takes is FAITH.

As I studied the passage from Hebrews all I could think about was that these men's FAITH wasn't just for nothing, they believed so much in something that they couldn't see that that their lives showed it!
Abel Offered
Enoch pleased God... so much that God just swept him right out of this world
Noah condemned the world (okay, that one is INTENSE!)

These men didn't do these things for nothing, they did them for a REAL God
My FAITH led me to a coffee table having conversations with a 92-year old man about what God is doing in the case of an innocent 14-year old's death.
What does your FAITH call you to do today?


No comments:

Post a Comment