2.07.2013

God Is {GRACE}

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE


14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 (John bore witness about him, and cried out, “This was he of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me ranks before me, because he was before me.’”) 16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.[a] 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God; the only God,[b] who is at the Father's side,[c] he has made him known.

John 1:14-18


This morning along with the scripture came a couple discussion questions:
1) How can we know that God is real?
2) What is something in nature that reminds you that God is real?

3) What did you learn about who God is this week?

I've never really struggled with knowing that God is real. I've had a sliver of doubt every now and then, but I've never really not believed he's real. So these verses over the past week have just been great reminders of how real God's love is.

And the question is so easy for me! Nature is a love language between God and me. I used to stand outside on clear nights and watch the stars twinkling in the sky with a friend and say at the top of our lungs,

"HE LOVES ME! WHEN I SEE THESE STARS I KNOW GOD LOVES ME!"
From sunsets & sunrises, to mountains, to the movement of the oceans, to the falling snow (beautiful bushy snow that that be swept off of cars with no need of ice scraping), to the  beauty of a small sparrow and the intricases of how it moves. I see evidence of God and his handiwork all over this world.

So to that last question  - I've learned more about God's graciousness in this past week.
He is GRACE

when I'm depressed and sitting alone in my office.

He is GRACE
when I've got hectic days with not enough time to accomplish all I want to accomplish

He is GRACE
when he connects old friends with common lessons no matter what stage of life they are in.

He is GRACE
who came to live life here on earth and sacrifice more than I could ever imagine sacrificing.
He is GRACE

No comments:

Post a Comment