2.04.2013

God is {READY TO SHOW HIMSELF}

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE


18 Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.” 19 And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 20 But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.” 21 Then the Lord said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”
Exodus 33:18-23

So I haven't exactly followed the challenge today...
I've opened this blog page probably about 5 times. The first time the verse got put in place. The 4th time I added the little challenge tag at the top of the post. I haven't wanted to write. Even though my prayers this morning sounded a lot like Moses - 

"Lord show me where you are at work today."


I've had a case of the Monday's
Sleepy, Apathetic, Slow and Lonely.

But I know that God is READY TO SHOW HIMSELF. I love Moses' confidence in this passage
"NOW show me your glory."
And you know what, God wants to do this. He knows that Moses can't handle it fully, but He is still willing to let him just a glimpse.

So Lord,
I'm going to sit by this phone and wait for those who have questions.

And I'm going to watch this computer with live chat like a hawk just in case someone needs my help

And while I do that I'm going to dig into the book of Luke - and ask you to show me your glory
In spite of my sleepiness, apathy, slow-moving day and loneliness.

Hide me in the cleft of your Truth and Cover me with your hand,
and once you have passed, help me to SEE YOUR GLORY!


What prayers do you need to be confidently asking God for on this Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment