2.14.2013

God is {EVERYTHING}

This is part my blogging series "Challenge Filled February"
I'll be blogging every day about who God is
To start from the beginning click HERE


6Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. 7Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. 8This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageousDo not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:6-9

Because of this very love filled day I want to share with you a blog post that I read a week or so ago that caught my attention. Written about a 25 year-old single lady. It's titled

Go read it now before continuing with this post

The way she ends this is so powerful to me:

And that’s why I slipped off my ring that day. It wasn’t that I wanted to sleep with people – I haven’t. It wasn’t a slap to True Love Waits, or to anyone who wears a purity ring – saving sex for marriage is good and is His design.
I just didn’t want to wait anymore – didn’t want to live like I was waiting on anyone to get here.
I already have Him … and He is everything.
“Follow Christ for His own sake, if you follow Him at all.” – J.C. Ryle

And I don't knock her for her choice to remove her purity ring - I think she did what she needed to do. But I continue to wear mine as a reminder that God is my EVERYTHING. He is my strength and my courage. He loved me first and so today (and everyday) I can love others around me.
We don't have to wait another 364 days to tell those near us that we love them. Go out tomorrow and do as God has already done for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment